Home Basketball Betting Basketball Betting: How To Win Money On Sportsbooks

Basketball Betting: How To Win Money On Sportsbooks

NBA Basketball betting
Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

Introduction

If you love to watch basketball, there’s no reason why you can’t also make a little money on the side by betting on the game. Whether you’re new to betting or a seasoned pro, there are always ways to improve your skills and increase your chances of walking away with some extra cash. To help you get started, I’m going to share a few tips from my own playbook:

Note: The examples above are just that — examples. The content team will tell you exactly what they want for each section of each blog post. However, having these will give you practice at writing with different tones and styles in mind.

Stay consistent with your bet types

You should also be consistent with your bet types. This means that you shouldn’t go crazy and bet on everything. Likewise, you shouldn’t bet on a team just because you like them or don’t like them. It’s never smart to make bets based on what the public seems to be doing at the moment—this is called “chasing” and can lead to losses as quickly as wins if things don’t go your way.

Instead of chasing trends or favorites, stick with what works for you and continue betting in a consistent manner over time so that it becomes second nature when making decisions about which teams are worth placing a wager on.

Know the odds

When you’re a newbie, one of the most important things to understand is how sportsbooks set their odds. This will help you figure out if an event is worth betting on or not.

A crucial part of understanding how to win money on sportsbooks is understanding what the odds are for each team in relation to each other. When it comes down to it, that’s really all that matters when you place a bet: whether or not there is a chance of success.

In order for this strategy to work, though, there are several steps involved which we will go over below:

Compare lines and odds

  • Comparing the lines and odds is one of the most important parts of your research. You should always compare the number of points before you bet on a game, as well as whether it is a money line or point spread.
  • When you look at two different sportsbooks’ lines, you will see that they have different numbers for each team’s score. This is because each bookmaker has its own opinion about how good a team is and what their chances are of winning an upcoming game.
  • For example, let’s say Detroit Pistons (straight up) +210 and San Antonio Spurs -230, in other words, Detroit’s implied chance to win is 30% while San Antonio’s implied chance to win is 70%. The percentage indicates how likely this line would be if both teams played 100 games against each other with no handicap or home-court advantage involved; when comparing these two teams together with this information available on SportsBookReviewsOnline we can determine which team has been given more value based on their expected winning percentage which can then be used to help us decide whether or not we think they deserve such high odds against one another given our knowledge of basketball betting trends across all sportsbooks throughout North America over time.”

The best sports betting site for basketball in the US are: 

Betonline.ag, MyBookie.ag, and Betastic.com. All three of these sites offer a great selection of basketball betting lines and props, as well as generous sign-up bonuses and ongoing promotions. Betonline.ag is our top pick for basketball betting, as they offer the most competitive odds and lines on all NBA games. MyBookie.ag is a close second, as they also offer a great selection of basketball betting lines and props. SportsBetting.ag rounds out our top three, as they offer a wide variety of basketball betting markets and some of the most generous sign-up bonuses in the industry. No matter which site you choose to bet on basketball at, you’re sure to have a great experience.

Develop a betting system

Developing a betting system is essential to being successful at basketball betting. The best way to do this is by following these steps:

  • Staying consistent. It’s important that you remain consistent in your approach, whether it’s playing the same teams or following the same strategy. If you don’t, it’ll become difficult for you to get an accurate picture of how well your system works and where the flaws are.
  • Knowing odds/lines. As a general rule of thumb, there will always be more games where one team has better odds than another team (or both teams have similar odds). When comparing lines and odds between different sportsbooks, make sure they’re identical in terms of the number of points scored by each team; otherwise, it’ll be difficult for anyone else looking at those lines later on down the road because they’ll think one was incorrect while actually being correct due only to variance between bookmakers’ algorithms. (Note: This part may need more specific instruction.)
  • Staying rational and aware of limits (AKA knowing when not to bet). Know when not betting means not spending money even though there might seem like profit potential—this could help save up for bigger investments later down the road if done right!

Bet with your head, not your heart

This is a tip that I learned by trial and error, but it’s an important one. A lot of people think they can win money on sportsbooks by betting with their hearts, but if you’re going to bet with your head, then don’t let emotions cloud your judgment. In other words: don’t gamble with money you can’t afford to lose!

I’ll admit that when I started betting on sportsbooks, I didn’t use my head (or brain). Instead of using logic and reason to make good decisions about which teams were going to win games or how many points the popular NBA team would score in a matchup against their rival team in the finals next season (in other words: rational thinking), I relied on things like gut feeling or intuition – both of which are illogical ways to make decisions in any situation involving money (which means any decision at all). Sooner than later did I realize that trying to use our hearts rather than our brains when making financial decisions doesn’t work out well for most people—and so do most investors who try relying too much on their gut instinct rather than their analytical skills when deciding where/how much money should go into stocks or bonds investments.”

Winning money on sportsbooks comes down to a few key factors

Winning money on sportsbooks comes down to one thing: understanding odds. This means that you should be able to determine which team has the best chance of winning as well as having some idea of how much they stand to win or lose. In order to do this, you’ll need to do a little homework first and compare lines and odds from different sportsbooks. Once you have a good idea of what each book is offering, then it’s time for strategy!

Most players have their own method for picking winners: maybe they like underdogs or favorites; maybe they’re more concerned with who played the last game (if anything), or maybe they just like certain teams based on personal preference alone? Whatever your method may be, it’s important not only that it works consistently but also that it keeps working overtime so it doesn’t become stale when placed against an opponent who knows how likely victory might be for either side at hand – meaning if there were two equally skilled teams playing against each other 100 times per year without changing rosters/coaches/etcetera; which would come out ahead over time?

Conclusion

With these five basketball betting tips, you’ll be well on your way to making a profit at sportsbooks. If you do opt for the latter, make sure to check out our list of recommended online sportsbooks so that you can find one with the best bonuses and odds for your next bet. Now get out there and start winning!

Show comments