Whenever it comes to online gambling in the US, you have to ask yourself what the legal stance of your resident state is. That’s because every state has been left to decide on gambling regulations for its citizens.
Another confusing element about these laws is that online casino gaming, online poker gaming, and sports betting are all considered separate entities. You may be in a state where online poker is a legal option yet online casino gaming and online sports betting aren’t. So, whenever you’d like to indulge in online gambling, it’s essential to know where your state stands regarding which form of gambling.
If you’re a fan of online sportsbooks, you’re luckier than gambling fans preferring the other two options. That’s because there are more states currently accepting wagers at bookmaker sites. These include:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
Making Basketball Bets Online
For basketball fans, if you’re in a state that accepts bookmaker platforms, then you can enjoy online basketball bets. There are plenty of sportsbooks run by local and offshore operators that accept real money wagers from US-based punters. Since gambling halls have started to open up, here are a few reasons why sportsbook platforms still hold more promise.
Convenience – whenever you’d like to make predictions, you can. These online platforms can be accessed on desktop and mobile devices as well. So, even when you have a few minutes to spare, you can check what’s available and make your selections for the day.
Real money stakes – to enjoy sports betting, you need to be able to make real money wagers. Platforms accepting US punters accept real money wagers which promise real rewards for correct event predictions.
Bonuses – gambling halls try to offer a few promotions now and then. But with online bookmakers, you can expect more frequent promotions that are more generous. These range from welcome offers to free bets, boosted odds, event-specific promotions, and even reward schemes.
Numerous markets – online bookmakers offer a variety of markets to their members. Whereas a gambling hall may only offer local events, an online sportsbook will feature international events as well. That gives you more variety every day.
Available 24/7 – whether it’s in the morning, afternoon or evening, online platforms do not have operating hours. You don’t have to miss any of the action just because you got held up at work or there was traffic while you were en route to make your predictions.
Online Bookmakers Accepting Basketball Bets in the US
While selecting basketball betting sites ensure you check the following:
- Lines and odds – the higher the better since it means you earn more when you win
- Promotional terms – they should have fair claiming and playthrough terms
- Licenses and security – a licensed platform guarantees industry rates on provided odds and security for punters on the site
- Live-streaming and live wagers – a good platform should have a live-stream option to enable live wagers on leading events
- Privacy – the site should explicitly say they do not sell or give out your user details
- Support – a platform with 24-hour support is best
- Banking – having several US-friendly options and fast payout processing is a plus
BetUS has been around since 1994. It offers:
- A variety of NBA bets like totals, props and moneylines, futures, point spreads, and more
- Offers a 125% bonus to new players
- Has live wagers
- Has a loyalty program open to all members
Twinspires offers members essential team stats to help with their event predictions. There’s also:
- Up to $1,000 worth of free bets for new members
- A sportsbook app
- Competitive odds on markets
- Live betting options for NBA
- Playoffs and regular season markets are available
For opportunities to predict the June NBA Draft, FOXBet is where to go. From this leading sports broadcaster, members will also get:
- A $500 risk-free bet for new members
- Moneyline, overs/under, point spreads, and more markets
- Live wagers are available
A partner of the NBA since 2019, DraftKings offers impressive basketball market options. You’ll find:
- Team props, game props, player props, and more
- Has the Round Robin feature for creating multiple parlay bets
- Parlay bets come with a money-back option
BetMGM works in partnership with the NBA, creating a worthwhile platform with:
- Live, pre-match, and futures bets
- Has the one-play parlay feature for building parlay bets
- Offers a bonus of up to $600 in risk-free bets