Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant will not make the trip to Philadelphia to play the 76ers on Feb. 6, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.
The rest of the Nets have been cleared to travel tonight.
During the Nets’ game against the Toronto Raptors, a positive COVID-19 result was returned for a person that Durant interacted with earlier in the day.
In a wild sequence of events, Durant didn’t start the game, eventually entered the game, then was ultimately removed from the game and contact tracing is now underway to determine if he was in fact a close contact of the positive person.
Durant tested negative three times in past 24 hours, a league spokesman told Adrian Wojnarowski.
Once that person’s positive test came back, Durant was put back into contact tracing.
The 30-year-old also missed four games last month due to contact tracing.
After the game, Nets players and head coach Steve Nash all spoke about Durant’s unique situation.
Nash said he was a bit “distracted” by Durant being unavailable, then available, then unavailable due to health and safety protocols and that he didn’t handle the situation as well as he wanted to.
“I don’t understand the whole thing where he couldn’t play and then they took him off the court… it’s overwhelming,” said James Harden.
“I would’ve said if he’s sitting for contact tracing, I mean what the hell, he’s with all of us on the court,” said Joe Harris.
“I don’t get it. It’s frustrating, obviously. I don’t get it. We just want answers. I ain’t got nothing for you right now,” said Jeff Green.
Durant will miss the game against the 76ers, but his status beyond that remains uncertain as the NBA determines his timetable.