1) You can't teach height
2)I'd like to see a proper lineup fielded before Coach K starts his positionless, utopian, 1984 bull shit. Thus, I'd go with Paul (or Williams), Durant, LeBron, Love, Chandler. Bring Kobe and Carmelo off the bench but allow the US to field a proper 1-5 and take advantage of OUR size for once.
3) Despite his poor start Kobe played a few minutes of absolutely superb defensive tenacity in the second quarter. This was the highlight of the game for me.
4) Iguodala is a tremendous defender and I'm liking him on this team more than I thought I would even if he doesn't make his free throws. With that said, putting Iguodala on guys like Nene and Varejao was irresponsible coaching.
6) If this US team wins gold it will be because of their defense. They might be better defensively than they are offensively which is fun to watch.
7) Credit Brazil for a great effort. This was text book as to how you play the US, get out to an early lead and control the pace. To be honest, Brazil played at a faster tempo than I thought you could against the US and still have success.
8) Just as the game was about to tip off it was delayed as "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen blasted through the loudspeakers and Mr. Obama made his triumphant entrance shaking hands and hugging babies. Obama later failed to kiss Michelle on the "Kiss Cam" to resounding boos throughout the arena.
1)True USA is missing Howard and Bosh.
2)You're right Chandler ant center and Love at PF would be perfect. After that Deron Williams or Paul at PG. The other two spots could go to LeBron, Kobe or Durant. Something like that would be the best starting line up. Very traditional, very strong line up.
3)Kobe always shows up when needed. LeBron did have 30pts.
4)I told you! Iggy wil become one of the most valible players of this team. He is Mr. Intagible. He has also become a solid shooter 39% from 3. His free throws are atrocious.
6)I agree 100%! The USA defense is what will set them apart. We(USA) no longer have huge advantage in athlecism over the other elite teams. Which is a big part of what this smaller line up is counting on to win gold. We do however have an advatage in our style of defense. "...Defense wins championships" that old addage rings true.
7)I'll say it again. Brazil may be the most underrated team in the Olympics.