TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums: 2011/12 Panathinaikos - TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2011/12 Panathinaikos

#21 User is offline   straight forward Icon

• Bench warmer
  • Fav. player:Mr. Šiška!
  • Supports:Lithuania NT

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Alvertis as a player?

#22 User is offline   Black Urum Icon

• Major Clown
  • Fav. player:Diamantides + Bodiroga
  • Supports:Panathinaikos

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

View Poststraight forward, on 25 September 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

Alvertis as a player?

No. Assistant GM, or something anyway... he left the club some weeks ago due to getting a major paycut (20K per season), but he returned the enxt day after public outcry by fans.
Respect and thanks for everything: Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member
  • Fav. player:Diamantidis - Wilt - VC

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

PANATHINAIKOS ROSTER FOR THE SEASON 2011-2012

GUARDS
Dimitris Diamantidis [PG]
Nick Calathes [PG]
Sarunas Jasikevicius [PG]
~~~~~~~~
David Logan [SG]
Alexis Kyritsis [SG]

FORWARDS
Romain Sato [SF]
Stratos Perperoglou [SF]
Pat Calathes [SF]
~~~~~~~~
Steven Smith [PF]
Kostas Tsartsaris [PF]
Kostas Kaimakoglou [PF]

CENTERS
Mike Batiste [C]
Aleks Maric [C]
Ian Vougioukas [C]

Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Black Urum Icon

• Major Clown

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

I like! Posted Image
Respect and thanks for everything: Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostBlack Urum, on 26 September 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

I like! Posted Image

Watching this year's roster I was thinking, what if we still had Fotsis! :( :huh:

We would be grand favorites in my opinion!!! :thup:

This post has been edited by TeoTheGreek13: 26 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image

#26 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

Well, for one more year PAO kept most of his core players and most importantly his coach, the one and only Zots!!! :thup: :thup: :thup:

POINT GUARDS
That's the first out of the three positions in which we are full in terms of both quality and quantity!!! ;) :thup:
Firstly, I'll begin with our best playmaker/player(!) Diamantidis! :thup: He will be for once more the brain and the captain of the team with everything passing from his hands and his decisions! :thup: I strongly believe that he will have another MVP season in terms of personal achievements and at the same time he'll be the best teammate! B)
Nick Calathes and Sarunas Jasikevicius is the best supporting cast he could have!!
Zots will use Nick and DD at the same time for many minutes as he did last year! Nick's role on the team and his impact on the game will be upgraded! Plus that many times, even with Diamantidis on the court, he'll be the playmaker leading the offense with his own decisions(plays).
Saras, will be the best 5-10 minutes guy in euroleague! :P He will be used mainly to do his magics in pick n roll and at the same time Diamantidis will relax at the bench! :D

SHOOTING GUARDS
David Logan will be the main SG of the team as he replaced Drew Nicholas( :( )! I don't whether he's a better shooter than Drew but I think he's a most complete offensive player. He has the advantaqe of great ball handling and a great step back shot!!! And another advantage he has comparing to Drew is that he penetrates(with success)!!! Although, even if the only thing he'll do in the season is to make most of the open threes that DD and Nick will give him(in dozens), it'll be great!!! :thup: Of course he has two major drawbacks in comparison with Nicholas. He's short(1.85) and he's weak in defense. :thudown:
The other one is another new guy, Alexis Kyritsis!! Even though he's 30 yearls old, that's his first time playing in such a high level club! Here in Greece he's known as a very capable scorer and very good shooter! :thup: I think he's going to help in both Greek League and Euroleague! B)

SMALL FORWARDS
That's the second out of the three positions we are full!!
The starter is Romain Sato! He does everything on the court!! He makes threes, he's playing outstanding defense, he can drive, he's a great rebounder(he's actually better than many "big guys") and the most important... he's extremely athletic! B) That's how the athletes should be these days just because it's a great advantage!! That's the only reason that the best basketball players are black and that's why Americans are the best in basketball!! <_<
Then we have Stratos Perperoglou who is a very capable shooter, very good defender and a great teammate! :thup:
The third one is another new guy, Pat Calathes(brother of Nick)! Last year in the Greek league he had about 15 points per game and 8 rebounds!! He came second, just behind his brother, for the most improved player in the league! :thup: As I saw in the first two PAO's friendlies, he penetrates a lot, he can shoot for three and he's about to start post smaller opponents... that's the rule of Zots!!! I think he's going to help PAO! :thup:

POWER FORWARDS
Steven Smith, was the leading scorer in the Greek league for one or two years!! He's definitely a scorer but now he'll not have the same role on his team, as he now plays for PAO! What we need from him is rebounding, low post defense and of course scoring!! He can shoot 3's too by the way!! ;)
Kostas Tsartsaris, PAO's older player(not in terms of age! ;) ) since Alvertis retired! He was always been a key player for PAO and I think is one of the most underrated PF in Euroleague. I mean, come on, this will be his 10th year with Panathinaikos!! :o He can post, he can shoot 3's, he can play defense(great shot blocker) and he can rebound! And he does everything good!! He will be very important this year too, especially after Fotsis left. I don't worry about him, he will be the great player we know!
Last but not least, Kostas Kaimakoglou. He's primary position is PF but he can play as a SF as well!! Zots uses him a lot as a 3 in order to take advantage of his size and strength and he's posting the opponents' 1, 2 & 3(that is achieved through plays)! :thup:

CENTERS
That's the third position we're full!!!
The main center will be once more all-euroleague center Mike Batiste!!! Despite his age(33 to 34) last year he had his best season! I don't think I have to say what he's capable of doing! ;)
Here is a "new player" for PAO. Aleks Maric!!! Last year he got injured for 3 months and he never played as an all-euroleague center(2010)! This year he will be the main center of PAO, alongside of Batiste of course, and I'm sure Zots is planning to take full advantage of his strength and ability to finish under the basket! I also think that Fotsis' absence in terms of rebounding will be forgotten because in my opinion, Maric is the best rebounder in europe, right after Turkcan, and he's for sure the best offensive rebounder in europe!!! :thup: :thup: :thup:
The last one is Ian Vougioukas!! Last year with because of Maric's injury, he was the only help to Batiste, with a little bit of Tsartsaris! :thup: He's extremely talented in low post offense and he has a great package of moves! He also has the mid range shot and sometimes he also shoots threes!! :bag: He's a great shot blocker too, not a good defender though.
Last year, he stand tall in the quarter finals against Barca(especially in the last game) and he helped PAO in the final four and in the Greek league finals! By the way, he was I think our best scorer in Grekk league's regular season. I expect much more from him this year!

I hope we repeat Euroleague this year and make it 10 in a row in Greek league!!! ;) :thup:

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   straight forward Icon

• Bench warmer
  • Fav. player:Mr. Šiška!
  • Supports:Lithuania NT

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Some roster. With some not exactly typical players for PAO as Logan and specially Smith. I'm not sure Vougioukas and Kaimakoglou is PAO's material. A lot will depend from Batiste because Marič will be shut down by Kirstič for example. Too much depended on the competitor, if the latter is tougher or equally tough, can't do a thing (resembles Petravičius at this point). Roster is great however.

#28 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

View Poststraight forward, on 27 September 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Some roster. With some not exactly typical players for PAO as Logan and specially Smith. I'm not sure Vougioukas and Kaimakoglou is PAO's material. A lot will depend from Batiste because Marič will be shut down by Kirstič for example. Too much depended on the competitor, if the latter is tougher or equally tough, can't do a thing (resembles Petravičius at this point). Roster is great however.

I don't think Krstic could shut down Maric as easy as you think! ;)
Maric is a great center.

Logan I think will be proved very good even for PAO's level!
As for Vougioukas and Kaimakoglou I think they are pretty good for their role! Third center and third power forward respectively! B)

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Black Urum Icon

• Major Clown

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

#30 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

That's a little bit off topic but actually there is no topic for this one...

In order to celebrate the 50th birthday of a very important stadium for PAO, a game between PAO men's basketball team and PAO women's basketball team is going to be arranged!!!! :huh: :lol: :thup:

Very good idea, I like it!!! ;)

Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Black Urum Icon

• Major Clown

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

Too bad Spanoulis has left.... he could be a lot of help to our women's team.
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   stefans Icon

• International star
  • Fav. player:Stephane Lasme
  • Supports:BC Partizan

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

View PostBlack Urum, on 05 October 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

Too bad Spanoulis has left.... he could be a lot of help to our women's team.

:rofl3:
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Led00 Icon

• Bench warmer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav. player:Partizan's dude! :D
  • Supports:KK PARTIZAN

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

View PostTeoTheGreek13, on 27 September 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I don't think Krstic could shut down Maric as easy as you think! ;)
Maric is a great center.

He is definitely a good center, no doubt, he is our ex :D But Krstic did a pretty good job at the WC as I recall.

View PostKAPALI, on 04 March 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

"...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."

#34 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

View PostLed00, on 06 October 2011 - 11:20 AM, said:

He is definitely a good center, no doubt, he is our ex :D But Krstic did a pretty good job at the WC as I recall.

Maric is very tough(pretty tougher than Krstic) and a very good defender!!
Krstic is just a much better offensive player.
Maric is better rebounder and better defender! :thup:

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Black Urum Icon

• Major Clown

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

#36 User is offline   alen Icon

• Hot prospect
  • PipPipPip
  • Fav. player:Jaka Lakovič
  • Supports:KK Zlatorog Laško

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Panathinaikos will once again have an amazing team, capable of winning the Euroleague. I just hope they will beat Barcelona again the in semifinals. :D

#37 User is offline   Black Urum Icon

• Major Clown

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Panathinaikos new black jersey is fantastic! I just hope they do actually use them in a couple of games

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 User is offline   TeoTheGreek13 Icon

• National team member

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

View PostBlack Urum, on 12 October 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

Panathinaikos new black jersey is fantastic! I just hope they do actually use them in a couple of games

Posted Image

The black one is awesome!!! :thup: :thup: :thup:

I wanted for years a black jersey!!! ;) :D

Posted Image

#39 User is offline   ZEUS Icon

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fav. player:Galis, Conrad McRae, Sabonis
  • Supports:PAOK Salonika

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

^ Definitely beats Barcelona's pink jerseys!!!! :rofl3:
Posted Image